I am flying Cathay Pacific from Stockholm to Hong Kong with a 23-hour layover at London Heathrow. I booked the flight as a single ticket on the same itinerary (with the same booking reference). Both legs are Cathay Pacific flights. Given the overnight layover, I will stay a night at the hotel outside of the airport, prefer not to take my luggage with me. I am a US citizen.
- At Stockholm, can I have my luggage checked through to the final destination Hong Kong?
- At London Heathrow, do I have to claim and recheck my luggage?
- At London Heathrow (before leaving airport), do I have to pass through UK Immigration?
- At London Heathrow (returning to airport for connecting flight), do I have to pass through UK Immigration again?
- At London Heathrow, how long would the security check take in general?