From what I can see, either should plug into either socket. If I am bringing mainly a laptop, a usb, and a camera charger, which style should I buy for best results?

Not sure if the type F is better/more versatile as it has another contact for what I would assume is a ground.


Both of them will be ok.

However, on my opinion, I would prefer type C, because it has more flexibility in using. Also type C can be used in a lot of countries. If you travel a lot it's a big advantage.

More information you may find here: http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeC.htm

  • +1. If it helps, it does not seem (I checked all my plugs and devices in my appartment) that Korea does not use earthing: plugs are mostly type C or type E and sockets are unearthed (German Schuko type F). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets Also, be aware that it is not easy to find adaptators outside airports.
    – Taladris
    Jul 23 '14 at 8:37
  • 1
    Actually, you can buy an adapter in any 7eleven shops which are widely spread in Korea
    – MikkaRin
    Jul 23 '14 at 8:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.