Do I need a transit visa for uk when travelling from Zimbabwe to Los Angeles by air, layover less than 24 hours in London

  • 3
    What is your nationality? – Aditya Somani Jul 17 '14 at 10:03

The Gov.UK Official Website has a great tool to help you out in these situations. Feeding your information on the tool and assuming that you are a citizen of Zimbabwe, or for that matter, in this case most countries you won't need a transit visa if you already have a valid US Visa.

Since you are traveling to Los Angeles, that would imply that you have a valid US visa and hence you have no need for a transit visa.

Note: I assume that you will not be leaving the airport during the layover and both your arriving and departing flight are from the same airport i.e. you should not be passing thru UK Border Control.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.