This question already has an answer here:

I have an old U.S. passport in my maiden name and valid Indian tourist visa. I have now new U.S. passport with my new name. Can I travel with both passports and name change certificate and be okay? or do I have to obtain a transfer of visa?

marked as duplicate by hippietrail, Mark Mayo, Karlson, Gayot Fow, choster Dec 6 '14 at 0:33

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


You do not need to have a tourist visa for India if you have a US passport any more. India has this tourist visa on arrival program which was launched recently. It will cost you $60 and you can apply online 4 days prior to your departure.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.