I am arriving from Frankfurt(FRA) to Newark(EWR) and I must pass the Customs and Border Control before catching the next flight to Baltimore (BWI). Both flight are on the same ticket by United Airlines (UA51 and UA4775)
- Is 2 hours and 45 minutes enough time to catch the next plane, or do I have to expect longer waiting times and should go for a different route?
- I'll be traveling before the AirTrain starts operating. What is the best way to get from Terminal B to C?
- I have heard that there is a transfer shuttle bus that connects the terminals such that you don't need to leave security area. What is the schedule for this bus?
- I'm not sure about the procedure for arriving from abroad. As far as I understood, I'll need to:
- Collect my check-in luggage
- Pass border control and customs (Immigration)
- Transfer from Terminal B to C
- Check my luggage into Domestic Flight
- Go through Security Check
Is there a way to optimize this procedure to save time? Can I re-check my luggage in terminal B?
What are my options if I miss the connection? Just go to the UA counter and ask to reserve the next possible flight?