I am a non-European passport holder resident in the UK. I have applied for a Spanish short term visitor multiple entry visa for the last three years. They had only given me up to a one month visa with single entry, even though I informed them that I was looking to buy property in Spain last year. I never had any problem getting multiple entry visas to Italy, France and Portugal before when I only booked one holiday. Now I have bought a property in Spain with my partner. I would like to visit Spain more often with my family when the flight ticket price is good. How should I apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa in the Spanish embassy?

1 Answer 1


You apply for a multiple-entry Schengen (short-stay) visa exactly in the same way than for a single entry Schengen visa, filling in the form accordingly. Your best bet is continuing to apply for a visa for each holiday. Once you have been there several time and can show that you used your visa appropriately, you will have a better chance to get a multiple entry visa. Being a UK resident should be in your favour too. Finally, you could write a letter to highlight all this and make a case for that visa and include it in your application.

But which visa is granted is mostly up to the Spanish consulate. None of this provide any guarantee.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .