As pointed out by
jpatokal, those sailing boats are rather unsafe. Now if you still decide to continue with this decision, please find details about it below.
There are actually different sailing options:
- 2 days & 2 nights: offered by Perama tours
- 3 days & 2 nights: offered by all companies
- 4 days & 3 nights: offered by all companies
Price for all those options is between 1.3 & 2 million IDR, depending on the company & your negotiating skills. Do shop around.
Sailing boats leave almost every day, but each company usually have only a couple leaving each week. So do shop around to have the most options for departure dates.
Finally, do not expect anything contractually written regarding the journey, it's all very informal & it does not look like it's about to change. Try to speak with an employee who actually knows what he is talking about, most have never been on this trip & would sell you anything. Ask questions such as: number of passengers on board, all planned stops and activities, food included, drinks included, arrival points, & so on.
Sailing companies I came across
Dangers and insurances:
If anything goes wrong, none of the companies will refund you. They will however take you to the end destination whichever way they can for the rest of the journey, most likely by a combination of bus and ferry as described in Go from Lombok to Labuan Bajo by bus & ferry, how to? .
There are accidents regularly, whether it's a boat hitting a rocky reef, an engine exploding, or else. So be warned, this can happen to you, this risk is part of the trip. Welcome to Indonesia!
Usual path for 4 days & 3 nights:
- Rinca island
- Komodo island
- Kalong island: see the flying foxes
- Pink beach: snorkle
- Manta point: snorkle with Mantas if lucky
- Gili Laba: snorkle & then hike to top of this small island
- Satonda island: go to salt lake, then snorkle
- Moyo island: go to the waterfall, then snorkle
- Gili Bola: sleep when anchored next to this island
- Labuan Lombok: from there you will be put into a bus taking you to Mataram or Senggigi
If the trip is shorter (whether 3D2N or 2D2N), then they just remove some of those stops/activities.
Other transportation options
You can also go by plane, or bus+ferries.
Read more about those options on What is the safest and cheapest way to see Komodo island, leaving from and returning to Bali?