We will be traveling in New Zealand for 9 months. What is the best adapter to get for our laptops, Kindle, iPad and iPhones?

  • What kind of plugs do your devices already have? And what kinds of voltages do they already accept?
    – Gagravarr
    May 17, 2014 at 18:32

1 Answer 1


New Zealand uses 230V and AS/NZS 3112 plug:


You need to check first that all your chargers support also 230V (iDevices chargers normally are 100-240V) after you need a travel adapter, like this one:

Skross World Travel Adaptor 3

Because you will stay 9 months, for your iPad and iPhone you can consider buy in New Zealand the Apple 12W USB Power adapter, it is able to charge several Apple devices.

  • 1
    If you are bringing a lot of devices, bring a small power bar that works with your home plugs. Plug the power bar into the adapter and your existing chargers and devices into the power bar. May 18, 2014 at 12:41
  • 1
    What I've done if I'm going for a long time to another country is buying a power bar in my own country and in arrival just buya cheap plug and connect the two.
    – Ton Plomp
    May 18, 2014 at 19:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .