A few weeks ago travelling with friends in Bulgaria we stayed at a guesthouse of an older lady named Rosa who basically accosted us and climbed into our car when we arrived in the old town of Veliko Tarnovo.
I have been reviewing all the accommodations I've stayed in on my trip to help future travellers but because Rosa told us where to drive rather than us following a map, I don't know the address or even the street name.
Maybe somebody using this site has stayed there or can find info on the Internet by searching in Bulgarian or another language.
Here are some details to help identify it:
- Usually referred to as "Rosa's guesthouse" (but also "hostel" or "homestay" etc)
- Rosa's husband is an artist and the guesthouse is filled with his paintings
- Located on a fairly steep cobblestone road which goes downhill at a sharp angle off the main road near a sex shop, which Rosa points out as a landmark!
- You park your car further down the cobblestone street in an area behind Saints Constantine and Elena church, which seems to be undergoing some currently stalled rennovation.
- There is a photo of Rosa at the entrance to her place on TravelPod
- Two bloggers discuss Rosa and her place, including photos on TravelBlog: One by Joel Stern, and another by somebody calling themself "gooner get there soon"
This is a photo of my friend following Rosa up the hill on the street from the car park behind the church. Rosa's place is further up on the left side. I'm pretty sure that's the entrance to Rosa's you can see just above her head in the photo.
Can you find the address or at least the street that Rosa's is on?
Thanks to your help on this question I've been able to add Rosa's to tripadvisor so now other people will be able to find it, review it, etc.