I have B1/B2 visa, 5 years multiple entry visa taken from my home country Bangladesh. I have come to USA for the first time in February 2014 with my baby of 4 years old. Now I want to visit Canada as a tourist. Is it possible to take visa for Canada for me & my child from USA?

  • It's definitely possible. One of my friends has done it without any issues. I myself have been to the EU from the US. Would you mention which city are you from? Commented Apr 4, 2014 at 5:39
  • This website will tell you whether you need a visa for Canada. cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp Commented Apr 4, 2014 at 13:48
  • @AdityaSomani-Thanks for your information. I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh & now I am in Florida in my cousin's house who is a US citizen. Actually, one Pakistani lawyer in New York informed one of my friends that I need to go back to Bangladesh to apply for US Visa. Can you please confirm?
    – user12786
    Commented Apr 5, 2014 at 15:49

2 Answers 2


I think you are already aware that you do need a visitor visa for Canada (you wouldn't need the visa if you were a permanent resident of U.S.A).

This page on the Government of Canada site confirms that citizens of Bangladesh need a visa to visit Canada.

It also states:

enter image description here

Is it possible to take VISA for Canada for me & my child from USA?

Yes, it is. In fact you can apply in two ways:

  1. Online
  2. At the nearest Visa Application Center

If you have any further doubts, it will be best to phone or email the nearest Visa Application Center- contact details and locations found here.


Immigration and Citizenship Canada has a website where you can find out your visa requirements for visiting Canada. If you answer the questions it will tell you what your requirements are. Here is the website to apply for a visitor visa. Application can be done online, so it seems unlikely that you need to be in your home country.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .