I am travelling from US to Bangalore (INDIA) via Canada, in Canada I have to change the flight from Air Canada to Ethihad airways and have layover time of 3 hours. I'm an Indian citizen. Do I need a Canada transit visa? I don't want to visit Canada.

  • What's your citizenship? – Karlson Feb 27 '14 at 0:57
  • 3
    It amazes me how many people ask similar questions without thinking that their own nationality is really important for a correct answer. – Greg Hewgill Feb 27 '14 at 3:08
  • Depends if you will have to do a check-in again in Canada, in short - clear the immigration. – NomadTraveler Feb 27 '14 at 4:47
  • I appologize for not mentioning earlier. I am an Indian citizen. – user11741 Feb 27 '14 at 5:46

You'll need a visa to transit Canada.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?country=India

Getting a transit visa is fairly simple. You can use this tool to apply. http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.