I am both a British citizen and a Canadian citizen I live in the UK and only have a British passport. Will being Canadian with proof of Canadian citizenship alter the requirement to obtain an ESTA before travelling to the USA from the UK on a UK pasport?


The US ESTA website says explicitly:

citizens of Canada who are traveling with a Canadian passport do not need an ESTA. (emphasis mine)

I would deduce that without a Canadian passport you will need to go through ESTA.

I'm also a dual British/Canadian citizen, resident in Canada, and I found it well worthwhile to get a Canadian passport precisely to avoid this sort of thing at the US border. But I go to the US pretty frequently.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.