I'm leaving in a couple of days for Saudi Arabia. I will have at least three vehicle trips:
- Airport (Jeddah) to Mecca
- Mecca to Medinah
- Medinah to Airport
I'm travelling with two kids (five and three) who use the "middle" car-seat (front-facing, non-booster).
Normally, there are buses available for these trips, which are somewhat safe. Unfortunately, there's a lot of construction right now, and they may not be available; the apparent only other option is to take a taxi.
TLDR: what are my options as far as child safety and car-seats?
- The taxis probably don't carry car seats, as they're very relaxed about seat belts in general
- The airline (Saudi Airlines) doesn't mention anything about car seats for non-infants
- I'm not sure if I can rent car-seats over there
Ultimately, I may have to choose between the lesser of these evils:
- Kids in the back seats with no seatbelts
- Kids in the back seats with adult seatbelts
- Kids in the back seats held by adults