I will be traveling to the Netherlands with my wife and daughter, and will be supporting all the expenses for my family.

I am applying for the Schengen visa for tourism purpose and intending to submit my bank statements for my wife and daughter as well. Do I need to submit any declaration as well saying that I will be bearing all cost for my family?

Just to add, I will be submitting my marriage certificate with my wife's application and my daughter's birth certificate for my daughter's application. would that be enough for showing that I will bear all the expenses?

  • 1
    What is it that you're submitting them for?
    – Karlson
    Feb 9 '14 at 16:14
  • @Karlson Sorry, I didn't mention it in the question. It is for the Schengen visa application. I have ammended the question as well.
    – Junaid
    Feb 9 '14 at 17:12
  • 1
    The question @Karlson asked is more : what kind of visa? Tourism, Work & Holiday, residence, ...?
    – Vince
    Feb 9 '14 at 19:43
  • 1
    @Vince Work holiday visas or residence permits are not strictly speaking Schengen visas but national visas.
    – Relaxed
    Feb 9 '14 at 20:39
  • sorry, I am looking info for Schengen visa from tourism purpose.
    – Junaid
    Feb 9 '14 at 20:53

I got the following reply from the consulate.

Your wife has her own bank statements, we would like to see them. If not, she can apply with your information, which you will then have to bring threefold; once for yourself, one copy for your wife and one for your daughter.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.