I'm flying from Los Angeles to London with one stop at Vancouver International Airport to change planes in the same flight. I have both current Spanish passport and ESTA.

Do I need to apply for visa to connect through Canada without exiting the airport?


Spanish citizens do not require a visa to enter Canada for short-term stays, including transit. The only requirement is that you have proof of onward travel (which obviously you will), and sufficient funds for your stay in Canada (which would be $0 given you are only in transit).

| improve this answer | |
  • This answer was correct at the time of posting, but nowadays you also need an ETA. – Peter Green Jan 5 '18 at 23:15

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.