I am Chinese.
I am going to school in the USA. How can I get Swedish visa in USA?

  • Welcome to the site. Could you clarify what you mean? Do you mean a Swedish passport visa (ie you are Swedish too) or is there some other meaning to this? – Mark Mayo Jan 28 '14 at 6:12
  • 7
    I think he is asking for a (tourist?) visa to enter Sweden, being a Chinese citizen with a US student visa and living in the US. – Vince Jan 28 '14 at 8:07
  • Ah! That makes a bit more sense now! – Mark Mayo Jan 28 '14 at 8:38

You'll have to apply for a visa - it can be done online if certain requirements are met. Otherwise, you may have to visit the embassy or one of the consulates of Sweden in the USA. They should also be able to answer questions authoritatively.


Usually, you have to be able to prove your residency in the country where you apply the visa (in the US for your case). Since you are a student, then it should be easy for you since you have a Student Visa / Resident card. But as always, the safer is to just ask the concerned embassy.

Not the answer you're looking for?Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.