I'm getting more interested in traveling to view Magna Cartas because it looks like I've seen three out of four 1215 copies plus two others. However it's very difficult to get a concrete answer as to where the non-1215 copies reside in order to view them.
The 1215 copies are on view at:
- the British Library (x2)
- Salisbury Cathedral
- Lincoln Castle
Wikipedia lists another 10 on view at:
- the Bodleian Library (1217 x3 and 1225)
- Durham Cathedral (1216, 1217 and 1225)
- Hereford Cathedral (1217)
- the Australian Parliament, Canberra, Australia (1297)
- the National Archives, Washington D.C., U.S.A (1297. The only privately owned copy.)
The British locations align with the list at a dedicated Magna Carta website but it's hard to say if this list is exhaustive. To confuse matters the Hereford Cathedral copy (at a minimum) is going on tour through some of the U.S. in the coming year.
Are there any other permanent locations of Magna Cartas that people know of?