Hi I am an Indian with a valid passport and am currently pursuing my graduate studies at the United States and I hold an F1 visa.

For my summer vacation I plan to visit my cousins in London for a two month stay there.

However, I am not sure as to what is the procedure for an Indian F1 student to obtain a tourist visa to the UK from the US. Can you please guide me on this?


It should just be a normal tourist visa process. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/requirements/

You need to book an appointment with the UK embassy in the US (not sure which city you're in right now). If you're visiting your family, you need to get a letter from your family in London to invite you with their details such as passport and means of support.

protected by Michael Hampton Jan 27 at 4:19

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.