Saudi Arabia and Thailand have no political relations due to the bizarre blue diamond affair. If my passport found to have a Thai stamp during renewal I will be fined some big fine and my passport will be suspended for up to a year.

Q: Do Thai immigrations do stamps on the landing card without stamping the passport if I ask for it?

  • 1
    I know it happens because I've known people who have done it, mostly through Malaysian travel agencies. It, however, remains in a somewhat gray area of the law, so tread carefully. Sep 16, 2013 at 23:13
  • 1
    @SystemDown Can you explain more? Sep 16, 2013 at 23:14
  • 1
    @HaLaBi - Yeah it did sound extremely seedy to me, and I would never personally risk it. Sep 16, 2013 at 23:19
  • 1
    If you get an actual visa (instead of the stamp on arrival), it's a full page paste-in. As noted in other questions it may be physically possible to remove such a visa. That's probably, um, less than entirely legal ... Zeek's Answer seems like your best bet.
    – hunter2
    Oct 10, 2013 at 7:19
  • 1
    @relaxed can't do that, we are allowed to have passport only, and loosing a passport here is even worse than having Thailand's stamp. Nov 25, 2014 at 14:25

2 Answers 2


There are two ways for Saudis to travel legally to Thailand:

First Way

Get a paper from "Chamber of Commerce" indicating that you have business in Thailand. keep it with you until the renewal, and it's easy to get.


  1. You should have Establishment(Commercial Register), now you can have Establishment without Location, or you can use your relatives Establishment if someone have one.

  2. You shouldn't apply if you are a Government Employee in Civil Affairs.

if this conditions are applied on you, continue reading the first way, otherwise move on to the Second Way :)

Now you just have to go to "Chamber of Commerce" and give them this printout papers of the following:

  1. Your Passport.
  2. National ID card.
  3. Commercial Register.
  4. Chamber of Commerce subscription.
  5. Apply for form in Chamber of Commerce(you will find it there).

They will contact "General Directorate of Passports" directly to check if you are not Government Employee then they will give you the permission.

Second Way

Get a paper from "Ministry of Health" or "Emara" indicating that you are going to Thailand for medical issues. Any Medical Report will help here, for example headache, lower back pain. And try to have invitation from physical therapy from Thailand and apply it to nearest "Emara" (BUT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW UP WITH THEM A LOT) because they are slow.

Thailand up to a few years ago was stamping on external paper, but it seems they stopped that now so don't count on it.

  • How to get the permission from the chamber of commerce? shouldn't I have a business under my name? Nov 12, 2014 at 7:16
  • Would be useful to add an explanation of both procedures: how does one go about getting such authorisations?
    – JoErNanO
    Nov 12, 2014 at 10:31
  • 1
    I updated the answer with more details, and it's Easy to have Establishment under your name today most of things can be done online now.
    – Majed
    Nov 12, 2014 at 11:27
  • 1
    @Majed Good job, you have my +1. Also, I reformatted you answer using titles, feel free to rollback if you want. ;) Just a quick clarification: what do you mean by You should have Establishment? Do you mean that you should have a registered company in Saudi Arabia? Or in Thailand?
    – JoErNanO
    Nov 12, 2014 at 21:55
  • 1
    so Establishment is common expression in Saudi Arabia and we don't call them "companies" because company in Saudi Arabia must be owned by more than one person and it have complected thing, but Establishment have easier things, you can start having Establishment from here mci.gov.sa/en/ServicesDirectory/Pages/…
    – Majed
    Nov 15, 2014 at 19:25

If you are going to Thailand because of work, you can try to get it approved. I've read somewhere that "Personal business visits have to be authorized by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry." It seems like if you are going there because you work on an aircraft that is flying there, it would count as "personal business".

Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Saudi Arabia)

  • I am going for pleasure actually.. Oct 10, 2013 at 14:22
  • Rather than providing a link to a general website, could you try finding the relevant page? Also it would be useful to quote the important bits of information found on the website, in your answer. This is because links are not immutable objects and tend to vary/disappear-into-404-oblivion over time. ;)
    – JoErNanO
    Nov 12, 2014 at 21:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.