My friends told me that Niagara Falls look better from Canada but my bus will stop at the American side. Can I walk over a bridge or take any public transportation to the other side?

Also, as a non-citizen, do I need Canadian visa for crossing border and going around the falls?


It depends if you are USA citizens or not. But nevertheless, this site has some useful tips and further links that will provide you with all necessary information for both cases.

btw... this FAQ make me really laughing:

Q: Are the Falls turned off at night ?

A: No

  • 2
    That FAQ entry made me...roflcoptr. – Ankur Banerjee Sep 9 '11 at 22:05
  • 4
    I was at the falls yesterday and, yes, I could easily walk to the Canadian side, given that I had Canadian visa. Anyway, I think you should include this or at least copy and paste some FAQs from the site to your answer just in case the site is down (and to meet the standard of other StackExchange sites.) – puri Sep 12 '11 at 1:41
  • 4
    That FAQ isn't as much of a joke as you'd think. They've got the ability to divert the entire flow of the falls through hydroelectric power plants, and they do reduce the flow over the falls at night. – Mark Nov 1 '14 at 21:11

As a German citizen I usually have a visa waiver for the US for 90 days. This allows for side trips to Canada and Mexico (which are counted in the 90 days).

So you can just walk over the bridge, spend some hours or days on the Canadian side and then walk back into the U.S.

Having said that, this may not apply to a Thai citizen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.