I want to know if I can travel with my passport within the US being in immigration process?
I will be okay using only my passport ?

  • 1
    I'm sorry, I don't really understand your question. Are you wanting to travel domestically in the US, using your passport as your only form of ID? – Mark Mayo Aug 15 '13 at 1:17
  • Yes, because i have immigration courts but i wanna know if i can travel like visit another state without me having some type US IDs or a driver license the passport i have right now is from my country though? I want to know if i can still travel within the US only using my passport as my only ID? – Alex Aug 15 '13 at 1:22
  • What passport (country) do you have? And are you only flying? – Mark Mayo Aug 15 '13 at 1:25
  • Salvadorian passport, yes i want to go on vacations with my friends. I want to know if its possible to travel or i will have any problems at the airport ? – Alex Aug 15 '13 at 1:27
  • @Alex. Were you able to fly with just you passport?. – user9617 Dec 22 '13 at 11:39

For travel in the US (which I did in April) you only need your passport as a form of ID. This is for the immigration process (you'll need a visa, most likely, in your passport), and for all internal flights as well.

It is possible to fly internally without a passport as a foreigner, as an English friend did in April as well, but it was VERY difficult, as every security person expects you to have your passport available to travel with.

  • @MarkMayo: What did your friend use in terms of ID? – Jonas Aug 16 '13 at 7:03
  • @Jonas he had a UK driver's license and his printed tickets, and is a salesman ;) – Mark Mayo Aug 16 '13 at 7:07
  • 1
    @user102008, yes, thus "it was VERY difficult" for him. Note that the question is about foreigners, not US citizens. – Mark Mayo Aug 17 '13 at 0:55
  • 2
    @MarkMayo: yes, I was talking about foreigners. You don't need to be a U.S. citizen to get a driver's license or state ID. You just need to be in the U.S. for a while. – user102008 Aug 17 '13 at 0:57
  • 1
    Yes, and most foreigners in the US will be visitors. Tourists. Getting a driver's license is not really an option for them. – Mark Mayo Aug 17 '13 at 1:09

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.