I am an Indian citizen living in the US (California) on H1B Visa. I plan to go to Australia and New Zealand for tourism. I have 2 questions -

  1. Do I need a separate tourist visa for both countries?
  2. What is the process to get visas for these countries?

1) Yes, you will need separate tourist visas for each country.

2) For NZ:

  • You are not travelling on a passport from a visa waiver country, so you will need a visitor's visa
  • This link has the process for applying for a visa.
  • From step 4, it would seem that you should apply to the LA branch of the New Zealand Visa Application Centre.
  • Cost is US$140 + $37

For Aus:

  • Similarly for Australia, you do not meet the requirements for an eVisitor visa
  • The process for applying for a tourist visa is here
  • You will need to lodge your form(s) to the Australian embassy in Washington. Check this page
  • Cost is estimated at US$130
  • in case you are not traveling alone, applying for a "group visa" for NZ will result in substantial financial savings. a group can be that of friends or colleagues not just family. Mar 26 '17 at 15:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.