I am Eritrean traveling from Sudan to Italy. I have got a Schengen visa to Italy, my question is, can I transit through UK without any other additional visa, mean with that Italian schengen visa only.

  • It depends on what kind of Schengen visa you have. Aug 5, 2013 at 7:45

1 Answer 1


No, you can't. The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen Agreement, and Eritreans have to apply for a direct airside transit visa (DATV). You can see the requirements for a DATV at the Home Office website.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .