I am from India, currently staying in Japan on an HSP visa. I'm looking for a China tourist visa. Do I need to apply for a visa from Japan using an agency? Or can I apply directly online without any agency? Or do I need to visit the Chinese embassy in Japan? Can someone help me here?

  • 1
    Looks like you can apply online
    – Traveller
    Commented May 28 at 4:05
  • 3
    If possible avoid unnecessary agents, we see a lot of questions where an agent made mistakes that have a lot of negative impact.
    – Willeke
    Commented May 28 at 5:35

1 Answer 1


You have to apply online, fill out the COVA, print it, and take it to the Consulate, where they'll check the documents and application, possibly fingerprint you, and ask you to pay.

You'll get a date to pick up your passport.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .