Can anyone suggest me hotels in the UK that accept a 17-year-old traveling alone, including London, Manchester, Birmingham. Please don't suggest youth hostels and premier inn, they won't accept, I already checked.

If anyone knows then please give me proper details and hotels or hostels, anything.

  • When I was 17 and had to book a hotel at Leeds, I think my father had to be involved in some way (can't recall exactly what - perhaps some authorisation?) but otherwise went smoothly. Also what is this for? How long are you planning to stay? Commented May 18 at 17:29
  • What is the purpose of your trip to the UK (ie the purpose you stated in your visa application)? Typically someone who has a UK Child Visitor visa would likely be staying eg with relatives/friends, or perhaps in pre-arranged study-related accommodation.
    – Traveller
    Commented May 19 at 5:36
  • 9
    Be careful. From your other questions You've already had a close call in Britain, and now you have a refusal in Mexico and another in Paris. You're starting to look desperate. If you fetch up in London again now, even with confirmed accommodation, it wouldn't be surprising if immigration took more interest in you. In a few months your age will no longer be a problem for accommodation. You might do well to wait. Commented May 19 at 5:40
  • Listen can i take transit from london heathrow because when i went there i saw that i can transit from there , is there any way that i reach heathrow after that i book a new ticket and go any other country where i can go with my passport ?? Commented May 19 at 16:23
  • 5
    @JasbirMalik Whether you can transit in LHR is a completely different topic to accommodation booking for a 17yo in the UK. You need to ask a new question if you would like an answer.
    – Traveller
    Commented May 19 at 18:18

1 Answer 1


The Youth Hostel Association of England and Wales explicitly says that anyone over the age of 16 is permitted to stay in their accommodation unaccompanied. If you tried to do this and failed there may be another reason they would not accept your booking.

Note that there are many accommodations that call themselves "youth hostels" but are not part of the YHA. You maybe tried booking a hostel that was not. Go to the website above and look for a list of their hostels and call them specifically.

There are YHA hostels in London and Manchester but not Birmingham. However you should be aware that they are extremely popular and fill up very quickly.

  • Some of the independent (or other chain) hostels may also accept under 18s but finding those is harder still.
    – Willeke
    Commented May 18 at 16:45
  • 4
    Youth Hostel accommodation may not be deemed suitable by UK Immigration for someone travelling on a Child Visitor visa
    – Traveller
    Commented May 19 at 5:30
  • 2
    @Traveller OK, now I've read the other conditions for under-18s I see what you mean. Commented May 20 at 20:20
  • 1
    @JasbirMalik As Traveller says, you seem to have had other problems finding accommodation that satisfied the terms of your visa. In general the YHA does accept unaccompanied 17 year olds, but they may not have satisfied your immigration conditions. Commented May 20 at 20:22
  • 1
    And a Youth Hostel Association hostel would have accepted your booking, unless they had some other reason to exclude you. A different kind of youth hostel might not. Not all hostels belong to the YHA. Commented May 25 at 22:03

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .