Munich airport's Terminal 2 has the ideal layout for layovers within Star Alliance (one would presume):
- Plane arrives at Terminal 2
- you leave through the gangway
- you are right in the corridor of all G or H gates
- you proceed to your next departure gate and all is well
... but recently people tell me, everyone has to claim his or her luggage, exit transit area, and check in again.
- Is it true?
- What's the point? (boarding card issue? save on luggage handling staff?)
- Doesn't that force all non-Schengeners to get a transit visa?
- Are there hubs in Germany (not necessarily Star Alliance) where you don't have to leave transit, no matter which connection within code-sharing?