I intend to apply for an Australian subclass 402 (occupational trainee stream) visa. It takes a bit of money (especially for collecting and translating all the necessary documents) and time to incorporate my dependants. The intended length of stay in Australia is just a bit over 2 months.

As my family is able to apply for eVisitor visas, I wondered if it is possible for them to apply separately from me?

  • Are they entitled to eVisitor visas based on their nationalities and what they plan to do there?
    – Gagravarr
    Jul 15, 2013 at 8:40
  • Yes, @Gagravarr, they are entitled based on their nationalities. They will be there on vacation and don't intend to study or work. Jul 15, 2013 at 14:07

1 Answer 1


I don't see why this could be a problem. If citizenship of your family allows them to enter Australia as a tourist with eVisitor visa, it should not be a problem that they get a separate one. Visiting a family member is also considered tourism.

  • This sounds reasonable. Unfortunately there are no case studies or examples on the immigration office website that would assure me of this. Jul 15, 2013 at 14:12
  • Could it be because it is an obvious case? I mean, your family could enter with eVisitor visas separately from you, right? Just that you are "coincidentally" on the same plane does not change the situation.
    – Elchin
    Jul 15, 2013 at 14:51
  • Yes, @Elchin, this could be. I have not found any statements that say, that they cannot have an eVisitor visa. Jul 15, 2013 at 15:37
  • I've called the Australian embassy and this answer seems correct. Jul 17, 2013 at 5:35
  • Awesome! Have a safe trip!:)
    – Elchin
    Jul 17, 2013 at 5:39

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .