I'm currently in Tokyo, and managed to lose a registered ICOCA card that has a couple of thousand yen on it. Is there any way I can recover or transfer its value in Tokyo without going back to Osaka/Kansai?

1 Answer 1


As far as I can tell, the only way to reissue an ICOCA card is to physically go to a station counter within the ICOCA service area, full stop. You're also charged ¥1050 for the privilege (service fee plus new card deposit).

If you have a SMART ICOCA/credit card combo, it's a different story, but these aren't an option for visitors to Japan anyway.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .