I'm applying for a Schengen visa to visit Greece as an Indian student to attend a conference. I specifically have doubt with question 32, which states:

"cost of travelling and living during the applicant's stay is covered"

Since I'm a student, all of my expenses will be taken care of by my parents. Which option should I choose then?

  • There is an ‘Other - please specify’ option IIRC
    – Traveller
    Commented Apr 6 at 2:20
  • Your parents are your sponsor, you would be using your parents documents to back that claim. Commented Apr 29 at 1:39

1 Answer 1


There are 3 possible answers in this question.

  1. "by the applicant himself/herself" (it is when you pay for yourself)
  2. "by a sponsor (host, company, organisation)" (which is not your case)
  3. "other (please specify):"

I would choose "other (please specify):" and explain that it is my parents.

  • 1
    Remember that it means you need to provide financial evidence for both yourself and your parents.
    – jcaron
    Commented Apr 28 at 12:08
  • And possibly proof of the relationship
    – Traveller
    Commented Apr 28 at 14:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .