I have a valid multiple-entry Schengen visa issued by Spain. Last year, I entered Spain via Germany and left the Schengen area from Germany, so there is no stamp on my passport by Spanish border control. My question is, can I use this visa to just visit Germany without going to Spain this time?

  • 4
  • @Traveller Thanks, but my situation is a bit different. I do not have a French entry/exit stamp on my passport, so I'm not sure how the German border controls would know that I actually visited France.
    – Kevin C
    Mar 9 at 13:13
  • @KevinChang, do you have any Schengen entry stamp for that first visit? If so, bring any proof you visited France in that visit, like a hotel bill, train ticket, photos of yourself in Paris.
    – Willeke
    Mar 9 at 13:29
  • @Willeke Yes, I have entry stamp from Germany. I will also bring those proofs. Thanks!
    – Kevin C
    Mar 9 at 13:31
  • 1
    @Willeke Sorry, I meant Spain in my comments. I was thinking about future visits to France...
    – Kevin C
    Mar 10 at 8:00

1 Answer 1


Absolutely yes.

A Schengen short-stay uniform visa, is, as its name suggests, uniform and covers all the activities allowed under it (business, tourism).

Once the first entry is used, you are free to use it for any Schengen state and for any allowed purpose.

This is because the purpose is only of use for the first entry of the visa. If you look at your visa sticker, the purpose, if even mentioned, is in the "remarks" non-standard field, not in any standard field.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .