I want to buy a SIM card with prepaid data plan in UK. I will travel around France and Finland. I'm staying for less than a month, and I expect to use <250 MB. It seems that most plans don't allow data roaming across countries for pre-paid plans. My criteria are (1) cost, (2) convenience, and (3) internet speed. Is it better to get multiple SIM cards, one for each country?
I have looked up a few plans in UK:
- three.co.uk: £10 3p/min, 2p/SMS, 1p/MB in UK; but 24.5p/min, 8.1p/SMS, 45.8p/MB in France/Finland
- O2.co.uk International Sim: £15 1p/min and 100MB within UK; 6p/min, 10p/SMS in France, 12p/min, 10p/SMS in Finland, no data roaming
- giffgaff: £7.50 goodybag 1 month 200 mins, unlimited SMS, 250 MB, +2p/MB internet in UK; 45p/MB for data roaming
- Orange: 24p/min, 8p/SMS, 42p/MB in France and Finland
- Vodafone: £8/day for 100 MB
- dataroam: £99 30 days, 1GB+MiFi, in 37 countries
Among the plans in this list, lebara Freedom £38 sounds most reasonable. Is there a better option I should consider?