I have a French Travel document for refugee and I wanted to know if I can travel to Sri Lanka for vacation with it.

I know I have to apply for ETA online before but I wanted to know first if I can or not! Thank you so much

  • Just to be sure, you are not from Sri Lanka, right?
    – jcaron
    Commented Mar 13 at 11:12
  • @jcaron nooo I’m not from Sri Lanka
    – Iman
    Commented Mar 29 at 4:48

1 Answer 1


TIMATIC states :

Sri Lanka - Destination Passport

Passport required. Passport Exemptions

Passengers with a travel document issued to refugees and stateless persons and a Residence Permit or Re-entry Permit issued by their country of residence.

Sri Lanka - Destination Visa

Visa required. Visa Issuance

Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) can be obtained before departure at www.eta.gov.lk .

  • 3
    @Iman Note that Timatic's report indicates that in addition to the French Refugee Travel Document that you already have, you'll need to show a Residence Permit or Re-entry Permit issued by France. Remember too that you'll need to show the airline that you are admissible to any country you'll enter during transit between France and Sri Lanka, in both directions. Commented Feb 12 at 3:52
  • @Iman See the above for the transit part, but once recognized as a refugee you are automatically given a 10 years titre de séjour, so presenting a residence permit should not be a roadblock Commented Feb 12 at 3:55
  • @DavidRecallsMonica thank you so much
    – Iman
    Commented Mar 7 at 15:36
  • @NicolasFormichella yess exactly i have it! thank you so much !
    – Iman
    Commented Mar 7 at 15:37

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .