I'm planning to take a road trip to Croatia, and I'm wondering if I can enter the country with a European driver license that is less than one year old?

  • AFAIK there are no restrictions, so you're allowed to drive a car in Croatia if you have a valid EU driver licence
    – Dirty-flow
    Jul 4, 2013 at 12:02
  • European license or EU license?
    – Vince
    Jul 4, 2013 at 12:05
  • I have a driving license issued in Romania, that I was told is good as any other driving license issued in any of the European Union's countries.
    – fogpaszta
    Jul 4, 2013 at 12:12
  • 1
    And this is your own car or a loaned one, i.e. you're not planning to rent one? Rental companies often have restrictions on the age of the driver (not the license). Jul 4, 2013 at 12:44
  • It will be my own car, not a rental.
    – fogpaszta
    Jul 4, 2013 at 16:13

1 Answer 1


Since at least 2009, Romania issues fully compatible EU driving licenses, credit card style and with the EU logo. With those, there should be no problem at all.

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .