Aussie family of 4 on holiday in Mexico, having completed Syd > LAX > Mexico.
We're due to do the reverse next Tuesday, and frighteningly received a notice stating my ESTA status has reverted to 'pending'.
I've desperately tried to speak to the CBP on multiple occasions, they have escalated but have no way of providing a timeline.
I've tried to call US embassies/consulates and even Australian consulates. They all point me back to the CBP hotline.
It appears my only option is to now wait.
I'm curious to know if anyone has had this happen to them, what was the eventual outcome and timing?
Right now it seems like my only option is to allow my two young kids/wife to travel back through, spend 2 days in Disneyland whilst I somehow fly back to Australia avoiding transiting in the U.S. (a very difficult task).