I am travelling from Nanjing to Helsinki, Finland, transiting through Hong Kong, flying on Hong Kong Airlines and Finnair. I am a Pakistani national holding Chinese and Schengen visas. I have a gap between the flights of about 4 hours, meaning I will stay in Hong Kong airport for 4 hours. Do I need any kind of transit visa? And if yes, then how do I to apply?

1 Answer 1


You need to apply for a transit visa. This can be done online.

Pakistan has the ※ mark, which reads:

All nationals (except holders of Diplomatic and Official passports) are required to hold a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose (including those who are in transit and remain on the airside). Holders of Diplomatic and Official passports may visit the HKSAR visa-free for a stay not exceeding 30 days.

(Emphasis mine).


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .