I overstayed in Italy for 2 years in 2012 (11 years ago). Will I be granted a UK tourist visa?

  • 3
    Nitpick: Your question body is not asking the same question as your title. Applying for a visa and actually being granted a visa are not the same thing. You can always apply, but you’re generally not guaranteed to be granted a visa. Nov 18 at 23:11

2 Answers 2


You can always apply, and you can get a visa, provided you are truthful, tick the appropriate boxes if asked and don't hide any facts

  • 3
    But getting the visa is not certain at all, best to make a strong case with many reasons for you to return home.
    – Willeke
    Nov 18 at 13:16

UK has never been in the Shengen area, so this should be equivalent to asking for a visa to any other country not in the Shengen area (like eg. Morrocco or Vietnam)

  • 1
    Except that the UK requires visitor visa applicants to disclose all such previous immigration rule breaches, in any country.
    – Traveller
    Nov 18 at 23:51

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .