- Wife is an Indian citizen, currently working as a salaried employee in India.
- She has her USA tourist visa appointment next month.
- She is currently working at a 30% pay cut (since 8 months) because of some financial / funding complications at her company. The company has promised to restore her salary as soon as the funding goes through and will also back-pay the amount of total pay-cut.
In the DS-160 form, there is a section to write the monthly salary in local currency. My question is, in the case of my wife, what should be written in this section?
- Current salary (after the 30% pay cut) that she gets in her bank (after tax deductions).
- Her original monthly salary before the 30% pay cut after tax deductions.
- Average of all the monthly salaries that she has got since the last year.
- The amount that she paid total taxes on in her last Income tax return?
I understand that this entire situation is needlessly complicated, and the visa officers are expecting one simple number here. I just want to understand what would be the most straightforward way here?
Which document would be a better proof in this case?
- Bank statements with salary credits.
- Salary slips from the company.
- Income tax return filed for the last year.
Note: I know there are a few duplicate questions regarding monthly salary, but none of them explained my situation, so asking this. If possible, please also provide a link to any official US document or website which clarifies this. I tried, but didn't find any official information on what to write here.