I'm an Indian citizen having C1/D US visa working on ship.

Is it possible to get tourist visa and stay for 2 days in London since I will be transiting via London?

  • 3
    Does it need to be 2 days? You'd qualify for UK transit without visa for up to 24 hours on the basis of your onward US visa, which would be much simpler than applying for a UK visa....
    – Gagravarr
    Jun 24 '13 at 11:17

It is definitely possible to get a tourist visa for the UK if you meet the criteria.

You can look at the UK Home Office website about visitor visa and transit visa since you will need one or the other to enter the UK.

The status of C1/D visa from the US doesn't aware you an special status in receiving UK tourist visa, you do, however, qualify for transit without concession with a valid US visa but it only refers for air arrival and departure.

So is it possible: Yes. Will you have any preferential treatment because you hold a US visa: Nope.

  • It's a valid US visa though, so wouldn't the OP be covered by that? (Official Border Agency site lists just needing a valid US visa, as does the page you linked to much further down)
    – Gagravarr
    Jun 25 '13 at 9:19
  • @Gagravarr Need more sleep cause I don't see things. I'll correct the answer, but the way the question reads it suggests arrival by boat.
    – Karlson
    Jun 25 '13 at 10:38
  • I thought it was someone heading to the US from India via London, en-route to work on a boat, who fancied a few days in London rather than just 2 hours in the airport changing planes, BICBW...
    – Gagravarr
    Jun 25 '13 at 11:15
  • This is a C1/D visa which is not a US work visa but a US transit visa for people working on a ship
    – Karlson
    Jun 25 '13 at 12:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.