I am Egyptian citizen holding a single entry visa to Spain , travelling in 1 July but i will have 1 day transit in Swiss airport , so do i need a visa to enter Switzerland ?

  • @Karlson: actually not, this one is way more clear cut
    – vartec
    Commented Jun 20, 2013 at 15:50
  • Actually still duplicate but of the different question
    – Karlson
    Commented Jun 20, 2013 at 15:51
  • @Karlson: you're right.
    – vartec
    Commented Jun 20, 2013 at 16:00
  • I think this is not a duplicate. The other question is specifically for single entry Schengen visa.
    – Vince
    Commented Sep 12, 2013 at 8:35
  • 1
    The situation is the same as travel.stackexchange.com/questions/14692/… (which should have been picked as a duplicate). Your Schengen visa is good for entering Schengen at any place, including Switzerland on your way to Spain and back. Commented Sep 15, 2013 at 9:53

1 Answer 1


No you don't. Switzerland is in the Schengen zone, that will be your point of entry into Schengen. Your further flight from Switzerland to Spain is a flight inside Schengen zone, which means no passport checks by immigrations/customs.

  • thank you for your answer but my visa i applied is from Spain embassy which is my main point of destination that i have to enter first soi want to know it will be ok if i enter swiss first before Spain ?
    – momo17
    Commented Jun 21, 2013 at 0:55
  • @momo17: No, you don't have to enter Spain first. You can enter Schengen zone at any place. That question has been answered on this site numerous time already.
    – vartec
    Commented Jun 21, 2013 at 8:09

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .