Websites already checked:
- Maldives UK high commission.
- Maldives Indian high commission.
- Maldives Ministry of Tourism.
- Indigo Maldives website.
As an Indian wishing to go to Maldives on a solo budget vacation (less than Rs.80K total expense), I need help with some info:
- Is it necessary to show a Covid19 vaccination certificate even in 2023? Do they require people to be double vaccinated and have a booster shot, or is just any one vaccination certificate enough? Is a soft-copy enough? Do they actually ask for the certificate? The ministry of tourism website says:
Effective 5th March 2022, passengers entering into the Maldives are NO LONGER required to present a Negative PCR test result upon arrival if the individual(s) have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine approved by the Maldives Food & Drug Authority or WHO Emergency Use Listing (EUL) and at least 14 days have passed since. (Booster dose(s) are not required to be eligible for this exemption).
But the info seems outdated. So if a person has got vaccinated with a dose of Covishield vaccine in 2020, is the person allowed to travel there?
2. Is the Yellow Fever vaccination necessary? AFAIK, Indians don't need to show it. I'm worried about the vaccine due to the 1 in 125000 chance of GB Syndrome.
3. Is the "confirmed hotel booking" sufficient if it is shown as an online booking? Do you carry a printout of the booking (in-case the phone is lost or damaged)?
4. There's a requirement of "Visitors are required to hold at least USD 100.- per person per day to cover their stay". How exactly do authorities check this info? Do I take a printout of my bank statement to show it? Am I supposed to have $100 worth of money in my savings account? Can it be as fixed deposits?
5. Since it is visa-on-arrival, can I simply book the hotel online (even if it's a refundable booking) and book the plane tickets online and just travel to Maldives, and the visa will simply be given to me for free on arrival? I assume the airlines would do some checks too before boarding?
6. Am I supposed to carry passport sized photos with a white background? Why is it required?
I don't want to end up in a situation where I spend so much to travel there and then get sent back just because some tiny requirement was not fulfilled. I'm asking all this because I'll be going there alone, and doing all bookings on my own instead of using some travel agent or travel website to do things for me (which would be expensive). So I need to know every single detail.