Can a person travel to the UK and has a sealed & expunged record in which the charges were misdemeanors. Would this preclude me from being able to obtain entry into the UK?

  • Do you require a visa? If you do, then answer the questions truthfully, giving no more information than is requested. Commented Jul 17, 2023 at 18:42
  • No I am American citizen.
    – James Foxe
    Commented Jul 17, 2023 at 18:54
  • 3
    Please visit the UK gov website Check if you need a UK visa. I just tried that and it says (for what you've said) "You may want to apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you have a criminal record or you’ve previously been refused entry into the UK." Immigration procedures are generally exempt from recognising expungement terms of other countries, and UK/USA share information. Commented Jul 17, 2023 at 19:46
  • You said the charges ... did you mean convictions? Commented Jul 17, 2023 at 19:50
  • 3
    Of you were placed on probation then you were convicted (found guilty of a crime). Peaple found to be innocent are not placed on probation. Commented Jul 18, 2023 at 11:26


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .