I'm French/American, I hold both passports and live in the UK with pre-residency status (tied to French nationality). 5 weeks ago I went to the French Consulate to have my expired French passport renewed and according to their tracker, the new passport hasn't been produced, let alone shipped to the Consulate.
I was planning to leave for France this Saturday and return two weeks later. Can I travel to France and back on my US passport without causing too many issues? I'm particularly concerned about what it means with regards to the pre-residency status, whether that will be affected at all. I still have my expired French passport so can bring it along.
Thank you in advance.
Additional details: I will be travelling with my daughter who still has valid French passport.