In two months I am going to be in NY again for tourism and since my prevuious ESTA expired, I need to reapply for a new one. This time, I am gonna stay in an AirBnB but I don't have the family name of the host, just her given name, to put it into the US Point of Contact Info. Do you think it would be ok if I used the name of the place I am gonna stay in as called on Airbnb "The Small Place in NY" or just the given name of the host, and her mobile number? Also, I am not sure of what to put on my personal address information, as city where I work and live in is different from my residential address.

Could someone help me?

Thank you so much!

  • Note: you can always change the address, when you get ESTA. Just put an address. In any case, I do not understand what it is the second problem. Many people works in different cities (and in Europe, maybe in different countries), and I never had problem on interpreting ESTA. So could you share more about your specific problem? May 25 at 11:23
  • Hi Giacomo, thank you for your reply. Regarding the first question, do you think I can use only the name of the host without the surname as my point of contact? Regarding the second, I basically work in a city which is different from the city where I was born and that is indicated in my passport, so I was wondering what address should I put
    – Fede
    May 27 at 21:11
  • 1- Put the address of your AirBnB. They need just it. 2- it is not a problem. Passport is not about recording where you work (or you live). It is normal (and very common) to live and work in different cities/towns. And it is also not a problem to work in a different country. And that it is not a fact that should be on your passport (which it is a travel document). May 30 at 10:45


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .