I’m travelling this summer with many layovers and one of them is in Riiyadh for 1h20. I’ll be arriving from Rome (Wizz Air) and will be departing to Mumbai (Flynas). Probably the connection will be between Terminals 1-3 or 2-3. Is it enough time to arrive to the next flight or should I change the schedule? (I’m not bringing checked baggage so I don’t need to pick it up, just a backpack with me)
Is it enough time to arrive to the next flight
or should I change the schedule?
This is a self connection as Whizz Air does NOT offer connecting flights or baggage transfer. For a self transfer you need to
- Get off the plane
- Clear immigration (and you need documentation to enter Saudi Arabia)
- Collect your checked luggage (if you have any)
- Clear customs
- Exit to the landside arrival terminal
- Transfer to your departure terminal
- Go to check in counter and/or bag drop off (depends if you have luggage and if online checkin is available). Check in, drop bags, get boarding pass. You must arrive there before the check-in and/or bag drop cutoff time.
- Go through security again
- Head to your departure gate
- Arrive before gate closing time
The chances of making this connection are very low. If you miss it, you are a "no-show" for your second ticket, Flynas has no obligation to you whatsoever and you may have to buy a very expensive same-day ticket on the spot.
Personally I don't do self connections under 3 hours (best case) and significantly more depending on various risk factors.
Wizz Air doesn't operate connecting flights. From their T&C
Wizz Air does not operate connecting flights and cannot facilitate the transfer of passengers or their baggage to other flights (whether operated by Wizz Air or other carriers). For this reason, we cannot accept liability for any missed onward flights.