I'm an italian citizen, with a still valid ESTA. Anyway in the meantime I got a new passport, so I will have to ask for a new ESTA. Before doing anything wrong, I would like to know if I should do something with the old ESTA (like communicate to the embassy that it should be canceled) or I simply start a new ESTA request procedure?

1 Answer 1


Just apply for a new ESTA

From the ESTA FAQ :

Each Visa Waiver Program traveler must have an approved travel authorization for the passport they plan to use before they travel to the United States. If a traveler obtains a new passport, they must submit a new travel authorization application in ESTA using the new passport. A processing fee will be charged for each new application submitted.

  • my only doubt was what to do with the old esta. but that answer is clear, thanks
    – Val
    Mar 2, 2023 at 9:38

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .