I have upcoming flights with both Lufthansa and then Turkish Airlines. In the end I would like the miles accumulated from both flights and possible future ones in account to be used for an award flight.
Here's some details about my flights:
- Amsterdam to Frankfurt with Lufthansa, Economy Class (W)
- Frankfurt to Tehran with Lufthansa, Economy Class (W)
- Tehran to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines, Economy Class (O)
- Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur with Turkish Airlines, Economy Class (O)
I don't foresee to use one airline more than the other. I also don't fly often that could upgrade my status in one program.
I see 3 option:
- Sign up for Miles&More and use it for both flights
- Sign up for Miles&Smiles and use it for both flights
- Sign up for both programs and use it with their own airline. Later when needed transfer the points to the other program.
Which of these options maximizes the value?