I am a Afghani citizen with an Italian residence permit (ASILO) and documento di viaggio per rifugiati (refugee travel document). I would like to travel to Mexico over Christmas. I don't have a visa. Will my Italian residence permit allow me to enter Mexico?


1 Answer 1


You will require a visa, from TIMATIC :

Visa required.

Visa Exemptions

Stateless persons and refugees residing in Italy for a maximum stay of 180 days, if their original passport was issued by Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Isl., Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States), Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom or Uruguay.

To get a visa for Mexico, you can find all information for it on Milan Consulate General website, with the time to get a visa to be ~10 days

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .