I am applying as student research student for next month and I do not know if can get before 16th January?

  • 1
    What is ATAS ??
    – Hilmar
    Dec 17, 2022 at 11:10

1 Answer 1


Highly unlikely.

UK guidance states that when you have received your offer from your university you should apply for your Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate 6 months before your course will start.

If you’re a new student and need an ATAS certificate, you will need to get this before applying for permission to enter the UK.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .