I will apply for Standard Visit Visa to the UK. I translated all my Arabic and French documents to English. Should I upload the English + Arabic or French versions? Or I can upload only the English versions (the translation)?

  • If you only upload the translations, how will UKVI know that an original ever existed?
    – Traveller
    Dec 15, 2022 at 9:17

1 Answer 1


You need to upload both the translated and the original documents to in order to prove the existence of the original document.

Per the GOV.UK guide to supporting documents:

If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translation must contain:

  • confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of translation
  • the translator’s full name and signature
  • the translator’s contact details

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .