I am from Mali, and I have a Refugee Travel Document, a TVR as we say in French, otherwise called a "refugee passport." Do I need a visa to go to London?

1 Answer 1


You will need a UK visa to enter the UK.

This UK government page says:

Holders of non-national and refugee travel documents

If the passenger holds a refugee travel document issued by the UK they do not need a visa. If the passenger holds any other non-national or refugee travel document they need a visa to enter the UK. (emphasis added)

  • 1
    Do you know whether this requirement was there before the Brexit as well? GB was never a Schengen member which essentially mandates no general border controls whatsoever; but before Brexit, EU law may still have regulated travel differently. Commented Nov 15, 2022 at 6:27
  • @Peter-ReinstateMonica what is the relevance? Commented Nov 15, 2022 at 6:32
  • 2
    one might recall that Britain did Brexit because they really hated refugees and wanted them to stay out Commented Nov 15, 2022 at 6:33
  • 1
    @user253751 A recent change in regulations may be interesting information. While it won't help the OP it would provide context and related information as well as make the picture clearer for readers who knew of different but now obsolete regulations. In short, it would improve the usefulness of the answer to the general public, which is what this site strives for. Commented Nov 15, 2022 at 8:08
  • @Peter-ReinstateMonica My only knowledge of this document's creation or modification date is the statement under the main title at the top: "Updated 9 November 2022." Commented Nov 15, 2022 at 15:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .